Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Weird things I eat.

I must eat certain foods only when they are symmetrical.

McDonald's Egg McMuffins- The canadian bacon slice must be shifted to the other side of the egg from the cheese. Because the ham and the cheese are both mainly sweet and salty, and the egg is mainly savory and sour. So the ham and the cheese must be separated.

Cupcakes- if no one is watching, I must split the cupcake down the middle, horizontally, then put the bottom half on top of the frosting.

Other things I must eat in ways that no one else will eat them:

I eat all cereal dry. Especially plain cheerios. And corn flakes.

I eat my hot dogs plain. But I can't eat hot dogs alone, because I only like plain hot dogs when they've sat next to hot dogs with everything on them.

I add uncooked tomatoes to pasta right before I eat it.

When I get a mocha, I get the espresso on the side, down it quickly, then drink the milk and mocha syrup like a hot chocolate.


And there are somethings that I won't eat that are paradoxically similar to things I will eat.

I won't eat american cheese, ever, except on cheeseburgers, but I will eat cheetos, doritos, and mac n cheese. I won't even eat grilled cheese made with american cheese.

I won't eat fettucine, angel hair, spaghetti, fusilli, or linguine; but I will eat penne, farfalle, rigatoni, shells, and ziti. I will not eat ziti without lines, or elbow macaroni, except in mac n cheese.

I won't eat white rice, but will eat fried rice, rice pilaf, cous cous, and basmati rice (but only at restaurants)

I won't eat ham, ever. Or salami. Or pepperoni. Or balogna, but I will eat pork loin, bacon, smoked shoulder, and pulled pork.

I won't eat baked beans, ever. I will eat refried beans, black beans, pinto beans, and chickpeas.

I buy microwave popcorn, unbuttered flavor, and add my own butter at home.

I buttered my french fries in college.

No comments: