Thursday, April 13, 2006

My shoulder hurts.

It looks like, because I like to make poor decisions (good decisions), I will end up going more than 100,000 in debt to go to law school.

Whee. So if I seem a little more resentful than usual, that's why.

There was a rally/protest/thingie on campus the other day. It was about the high cost of higher education. Massachusetts is one of the only states in the nation without a public or semi public law school. (Rhode Island is another, Vermont is another). Here in New England, we like our education liberal, well-reputed, and private.

I'm at this moment lucky to only be about 18,000 in debt from my first go-round. Which means that I'm better off than most of the people I started undergrad with. I had a very fortuitous combination of circumstances- briefly wealthy parents, a hefty scholarship, and a nice early expulsion.

So I'm going to be signing loans, and getting cosigners (if my parents can- they may not be able to. My sister defaulted on about 60,000 of student loans. Go Sis!) for an amount of money I can't even picture. I'll spend most on tuition, and the rest on living expenses. In America's most expensive housing market, you can't get anally raped for less than 1,025 a month.

I actually may have to start renting out my vagina as an ocean view condo (great neighbors! Cozy charm!) It'll actually be illegal, because there's no real second means of egress, but I could put a little exit sign in there, and a fire escape, and just learn how to do splits and spend a lot of time at the beach. If I stand on my head, there's a skylight. But I'm not putting in wall to wall carpeting. That's where I draw the line. Too tacky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're forgetting about naming rights to your taint. How quickly you seemed to.

The Dissassociate said...

As the vaginal condo- (the vagindinium)will be so close to the historic and scenic Patrick Kennedy Memorial Taint...it'll just raise the property value.