Monday, March 13, 2006

"Dumb, useless, fugly skank"

How would you describe someone you didn't like?

Weeks ago, a coworker said that the way it's done in her part of the world (American Samoa) is to say "I don't know (that person) very well."

My sainted grandmother would say "She does the best she can." If someone was really blindingly stupid on top of it all, she would say "She means well".

If my grandmother wanted to indicate that the person in question was near-vomit inducing ugly, she'd say "Frightfully plain, but cheerful"

I think we need more obfuscation. Because I've got a whole lot of well-meaning, plain but cheerful, customers that I don't know very well, but I'm sure are doing the best they can.

And if I can't get a better attitude about it, I'm going to start licking and fraying, licking and fraying, anything electrical and job related, cross my fingers, and hope for short-term disability.

No comments: